Home Care Aide - PRN
Company: Signature Healthcare
Posted on: August 7, 2022
NEW Starting payrate is $13.75!
Home Care Aides
at our Silver Angels of Tennessee - Carter, TN office!
We have positions working both PRN and PT (which include a Benefits
These positions will be servicing Carter, Washington, Unicoi,
Sullivan, Johnson County and surrounding counties.
You can apply through the job posting or at our local office:
Silver Angels of Tennessee - Carter, LLC
1500 West Elk Ave, Suite 109 , Elizabethton, TN 37643
Silver Angels is a home care provider that is committed to
providing an environment of wellness, healing, and independence for
Silver Angels is a valued partner of Signature HealthCARE, which is
a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services
in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing,
rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health,
cognitive care, and telemedicine.
How you will make a difference
* Provide assistance in client homes with activities of daily
living, household cleaning and the maintenance of a safe home
environment. P rovide assistance with routine household chores and
ensure balanced meals are prepared at or delivered to the home.
How you will spend your time
* Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able
to work in the described environment.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that
improve the customer experience, enhance workflow, and/or improve
the work environment.
* Provide personal care and assistance with activities of daily
living (ADL) (i.e., grooming, bathing, feeding, toileting, oral
care, nail care, dressing, etc.), as indicated by the treatment
* Assist with homemaker services/routine household chores (i.e.,
dusting, sweeping/mopping floors, washing dishes, ironing, cleaning
kitchen and bathrooms, providing laundry service, changing bed
linen, etc.), as indicated.
* Plan, prepare, deliver meals, grocery shopping.
* Complete errands (i.e., getting a prescription filled, etc.).
* Provide companionship to clients.
* Follow assignment sheet for tasks.
* Ambulate and transfer clients, utilizing appropriate assistive
devices and body mechanics.
* Provide reminders to take medication and loosen the cap (do not
* Complete proper documentation (date and place service provided,
times service provided, actual service provided, etc.).
* Observe clients carefully and report changes in condition.
* Recognize client's ability to make choices and support these
within the constraints of care giving environment.
* Assist with the maintenance of a safe environment.
* Provide respite care, on a short-term basis, when there is an
absence of, or need for, relief for the caregiver.
* Attend trainings/in-services as required.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need
* Receive at least twenty-four (24) hours of classroom instruction
and at least sixteen (16) hours of practical hands on training and
must pass a written exam (with a minimum score of 70) as well as
demonstrate the skills required.
* Maintain twelve (12) hours of in-service training each year
spread across four (4) quarters in addition to normal supervisory
guidance and training.
* Valid State Driver's License with no more than three (3) entries;
counting accidents, moving violations, and failures to appear. All
accidents are counted, regardless of fault. (Note: Convictions for
DUI/DWI, refusal to test, reckless driving, hit and run or other
felony convictions are unacceptable and disqualify the driver from
driving on behalf of the facility regardless of the number of MVR
* High school diploma or GED, preferred.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work
well within a team environment in support of company
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational
skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously
maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and
make independent decisions.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written
* Approachable, flexible, and adaptable to change.
* Reliable transportation required.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity,
and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and
Your work environment
* You'll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or
* You'll be around other co-workers, residents, and their
* You'll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors,
chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials and waste
(including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable
* You'll be around possible high-stress medical and/or
Physical and Sensory requirements
* This role requires moderate physical activity.
* Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling
required of objects up to fifty (50) or more pounds.
* Push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds to a
minimum height of three (3) feet and be able to push, pull, move,
and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifty (50) feet.
* Reach overhead and push, pull, move, and/or lower a minimum of
twenty (20) pounds.
* Climbing on a stool or ladder to a maximum of eight (8) feet.
* Sitting for more than two (2) hours at a time.
* Standing and/or walking for more than eight (8) hours per
* Bending and/or stooping for more than four (4) hours at a
* Requires writing and/or computer work with repetitive typing and
concentrating on computer screen and/or documents for more than two
(2) hours at a time.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please call the office
at or forward your resume through the job posting. You can apply in
person at the office as well.
Please visit our website at silverangels.com
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action
Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that
offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of
care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory
care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance
accreditation and pioneering person - directed care. Many of our
skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall
rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to
Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare's "Best Places
Keywords: Signature Healthcare, Asheville , Home Care Aide - PRN, Other , Erwin, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!