Company: Regional Management Corp
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Regional
strives to positively impact the financial lives of our
customers.For over 35 years, our Team Members have been passionate
about supporting customers through their financial challenges in
life. They take pleasure in finding solutions and lending a helping
hand, both to our customers and our communities. As we continue to
grow and become a national brand in consumer financing, we hope
you'll consider us for future career opportunities.If you are
looking to make a meaningful impact in people's lives by bringing a
personal touch to finances, join our team today!Job PurposeThe
Centralized Underwriter is responsible for researching and
analyzing credit risks, assessing credit history, and approving or
denying extension of credit to potential or current
customers.Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze credit data to determine the risk in extending
- Make decisions to approve or deny the extension of credit
within a set authority established by senior management and state
and federal laws.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with branch
personnel by providing exceptional customer service on all credit
and policy questions to maximize efficiency with the company.
- Maintain an environment that facilitates compliance.
- Ensure all credit decisions are communicated within the
timeline provided by management.
- Other duties as assigned by management.Minimum
- Minimum 1 year of Underwriting experience.
- Requires PC proficiency in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word,
- High School diploma
- Must pass pre-employment screeningsPreferred
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Business, Finance
or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Proven record and extensive background in consumer finance
industry.Critical Competencies Detailed oriented and driven to
produce results.Excellent communication skillsAbility to thrive in
a fast pace environmentExcellent analytical, problem-solving,
organizational, and time management skills.Working Conditions
- This position primarily works in an office environment, sitting
at a desk, working on a computer.
- Must be willing to work Monday-Friday until 8:00PM and
occasional Saturdays until 3pmRegional is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, uniform service, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law ("Protected
Characteristics"). Regional's policy of non-discrimination applies
to all phases of the employment process and relationship,
including, but not limited to, recruitment and selection;
compensation and benefits; professional development and training;
promotions and opportunities; transfers; social and recreational
programs; layoff; and terminations.
Keywords: Regional Management Corp, Asheville , Underwriter, Other , Greer, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!