HFC Designer - Greer, SC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Shift: 8am-5pm including one weekend day
The HFC Designer I generates broadband system designs in the most
cost-effective manner while maintaining Charter Communications' and
the department's standards and specifications. Under direct
supervision/guidance, prepares and maintains detailed engineering
and design drawing files and schematics using Computer Aided Design
(CAD) or other spatial or GIS software platforms. Works closely
with cross-departmental boundary partners; Tech Ops, Construction
and Engineering in the facilitation of design/engineering services
providing necessary information, including strand maps, design
maps, BOMs, charts, graphs, and sketches of vertical details, and
provide SOWs in a timely basis. Helps develop and maintain Charter
Communications; broadband HFC design and digitizing standards.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Design basic HFC broadband plant extensions utilizing various
design software programs.
- Utilize various CAD/GIS software programs (Bentley, Spatial,
AutoCAD, and Smallworld) to digitize base, strand, coax, fiber
designs, fiber splicing documentation and BOMs in accordance with
the Charter Communications digitizing standards and
- Conduct engineering change orders to ensure that all related
work is complete and accurate and all related documentation is
acquired and routed properly.
- Perform quality control checks on field mapping, field notes
and/or map digitizing to ensure all specifications are met.
- Provide technical guidance and QC of contractor work in support
of existing specifications across various architecture
- Document and digitize construction as-builds for project
reconciliation as required.
- Contribute to project coordination and perform administrative
functions by maintaining associated records, providing reports as
necessary and processing related invoices.
- Schedule work assignments, monitor project work flow and
maintain accurate weekly production reports.
- Make copies of system prints or engineering documents as
- Maintain digital plotter, engineering copier/scanner and other
- All other duties as assigned. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Well-versed in HFC architectures, HFC Network Design
Specifications and symbology
- Understanding of CATV standards and terminology, HFC,
Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) and Passive Optical Network (PON)
- Basic knowledge of CAD/Spatial applications such as
MicroStation/BentleyComms, Spatial, AutoCAD and/or Smallworld
design and digitizing software programs
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time with
- Working knowledge of MS Office such as Excel, Word and
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities Required Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent education and experience
- College level math (algebra, trigonometry, calculus) or
demonstrated analytical ability preferred Required Related Work
Experience and Number of Years
- Drafting/design experience or coursework - 1+ PREFERRED
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Preferred Related Work Experience and Number of Years
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Office and field environments PHYSICAL AND MENTAL
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Asheville , HFC Designer - Greer, SC, Other , Greer, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!