Custodian - Third Shift (Pool)
Company: Northeast State Community College
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Title: Custodian - Third Shift (Pool)
Institution:Northeast State Community College
Department: Grounds and Custodial Services
Salary:$12.50 per hour plus a $0.50 per hour shift differential
The Custodian (3rd Shift) maintains the cleanliness of the office
buildings and classrooms of the college. They are expected to know
cleaning methods and procedures as well as the material and
equipment used in custodial work.
- Sweep and mop stairs, corridors, offices, classrooms, and
- Vacuum carpet and spot clean carpet when necessary.
- Wash windows.
- Provide hard surface floor maintenance techniques including
dust mopping, wet mopping, buffing and application of floor
finishes including wax removal products.
- Polish furniture and clean woodwork.
- Pick up paper and debris on the grounds adjacent to the
- Empty trash cans and clean containers.
- Clean restroom walls, floors, and fixtures and replenish
- Clean light fixtures and HVAC distribution registers.
- Maintain cleaning equipment.
- Stock and maintain janitor's closets.
- Operate cleaning equipment including vacuum cleaner, buffer,
floor scrubber and other associated equipment.
- Completion of the eighth grade or higher
- Previous cleaning/custodial experience
- Previous experience working as a team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to get along well with others and be a team
- Willingness to do the job with a sense of pride.
- Follow oral instructions.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with
- Use and operate all custodial cleaning equipment and
- Work around loud noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and dusts.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires long periods of standing, bending and
twisting, pushing and pulling, as well as stooping and
- This position requires a lot of walking in the buildings, up
and down stairwells.
This is a 3rd shift position. Regular work hours are 10:00 PM -
6:00 AM, Sunday - Thursday.
For assistance regarding the job ad, application process, or
application status, please contact the Office of Human Resources at
423-354-5183 or HRstaffing@northeaststate.edu.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position
at Northeast State, you must create an online application. A
resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts are optional. You
can fill in your employment & education information without a
resume if you don't have one prepared. You will be required to
provide the contact information for a minimum of three (3)
professional references. Your skills, abilities, qualifications,
and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is
recorded on your application. Please note that attaching a resume
does not substitute for completion of the application form.
Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time
Keywords: Northeast State Community College, Asheville , Custodian - Third Shift (Pool), Other , Blountville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!