Posted on: March 19, 2023
PURPOSE OF POSITION / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY END
- Prepare layouts, CAD models, related drawings and bills of
material and release production information to provide
specifications for customer orders and/or development requirements.
Complete this task without supervision on standard designs.
- Conduct investigations, perform complex calculations and run
tests as required to provide data for decisions in support of item
- Organize work and/or projects and, if directed, act as group
leader for design or process information.
- Attain cost target for new design individual parts as assigned.
- Supervise small group in performance of specific task, project
- Prepare design layouts, models and other engineering
specifications for production use to fill customer orders or
- Develop information for use at sales presentations.
- Review current designs or specific components as assigned for
- Inspect and analyze damaged or failed components returned from
the field to determine the cause of the problem and propose
corrective action if appropriate.
- Provide information for creation of Technical Reports and
- Meet with suppliers concerning changes to or new requirements
for their products.
- Perform engineering calculations of a standard nature, or
consult with CTE for problem resolution.
- Set up and perform engineering tests of machine
- May act as group leader overseeing a specific portion of a
- Maintain awareness of and familiarity with Global, MSHA and
State regulations applying to Joy products.
- Provide technical assistance to and liaison with manufacturing.
This will include reviewing requests for deviation from drawings
and recommending corrective action relative to them if appropriate.
- Minimum of 2-year Technology Degree or equivalent
- Machine design experience About Actalent: Actalent connects
passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services
capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to
help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the
globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives
in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the
world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through
experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the
difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the
global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Actalent, Asheville , Mechanical Designer, Other , Abingdon, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...