Assembler II - Wiring 1st Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Position Summary: Works on a production line manufacturing product. Performs a wide variety of product assembly operations on product components, assemblies or sub-assemblies. Follows standard operating procedures in the production / assembly process according to design specifications and company quality standards. Visually inspects the unit before passing to the next cell. Works safely and ensures best quality products within current takt times. Fully engages with team and other associates to troubleshoot problems and drive continuous improvement in the plant.Responsibilities:
- Selects appropriate components, aligns, and assembles them in proper sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, bolts, braces, tape, cement or solder to meet specifications in accordance to Sequence of Events (SOE). Applies wiring harnesses, sensors, and other electrical components recognizing color codes to insure that wiring and other color coded procedures meet guidelines. Reads electrical wiring diagrams to accomplish accurate assembly. Inspects parts during sub-assembly and at key points to ensure that unit meets specified quality standards prior to moving unit to the next workstation. Verifies that custom equipment changes have been made according to order and part number.
- Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hy-pot tester, and drill press. Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids such as casters, cranes or forklifts.
- Cleans and packs final product using approved chemicals, Refers to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to insure safe handling and proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used around chemicals.
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts and maintains inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices within guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety. Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety and efficiency.
- Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team goals and continuous improvement in process.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions of others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and Values, serves as a role model in the workplace. Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD) annual review process.Minimum Qualifications:
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
- Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and work instructions.Preferred Qualifications:
- Manufacturing and experience using small hand and power tools is preferred.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Asheville , Assembler II - Wiring 1st Shift, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!