General Machine Operator 3rd Shift (Sun-Thurs 10:55pm-7:05am)
Company: PLI Cards
Posted on: April 14, 2019
PLI is the largest Hospitality, Gift and Loyalty Card manufacturer
on the planet. But we know size without stature is meaningless.
Being the biggest is the purposeful result of our determined drive
to be the best. Dedicated to our customers' success. Invested in
our employees' goals and achievements. We work hard. We play hard.
We nurture our own and give back to our communities. We don't just
manufacture an impressive variety of card products. We deliver
solutions in card form. General Machine Operator 3rd Shift
We are searching for an experienced General Machine Operator 3rd
Shift (Sun-Thurs 10:55pm-7:05am) at our Asheville, NC facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities
of the General Machine operator are to operate a variety of
machines in the production process. These machines can include the
collator, laminator; punch machine, PMC, magnetic stripe roll-on,
sorter machine, hole punch machine and offline coating machine. The
list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be
representative of the tasks performed within this classification.
It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class.
The omission of an essential function does not preclude management
from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a
logical assignment to the position.
- Prepare Machine for start of shift, which includes an inventory
of necessary materials and completing the required sign off
- Perform duties necessary to operate machine and perform
required tasks according to machine and/or position procedures
- Complete simple, routine maintenance on assigned machine to
keep the machine running smoothly and fully operational
- Troubleshoot machinery for basic problems and make adjustments
- Complete all necessary paperwork required for pre and post run
- Clean your machine and work area at the end of your shift,
making sure the area is clear of clutter and debris
- Safely perform physical demands as indicated below
- Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or
other appropriate management personnel
- Work mandatory overtime as needed to meet customers' needs
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred Education:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
*Note Offer may be extended without Diploma or GED - Requirement
must be fulfilled
within 9 months of hire date.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Basic math and reading skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer and mechanical abilities preferred Physical
Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
- Sit, speak, hear and comprehend
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands
and arms on a daily basis
- Lift up to 45 pounds on a regular basis Specific vision
abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus
and differentiate between colors
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily
in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to:
- Variable temperature conditions indoor and outside
(occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold)
- Moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust
and/or mite hazards
- Moderate noise environment Regular work days are: Monday
through Friday. First Shift hours are 6:55 am - 3:05 pm; Second
Shift hours are 2:55 pm - 11:55 pm; Third shift are 10:55 pm - 7:05
am. Additional overtime may be required with short notice.
A demonstrated commitment to safety is a condition of
Non-Exempt Hourly - Regular Full Time Hourly Wage
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: PLI Cards, Asheville , General Machine Operator 3rd Shift (Sun-Thurs 10:55pm-7:05am), Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!