Assembler ll ULT - 1st Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Job DescriptionWhen youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher
Scientific, youll do important work, like helping customers in
finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure
our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and youll
be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary: Works on a production line manufacturing product.
Performs a wide variety of product assembly operations on product
components, assemblies or sub-assemblies. Follows standard
operating procedures in the production / assembly process according
to design specifications and company quality standards. Visually
inspects the unit before passing to the next cell. Works safely and
ensures best quality products within current takt times. Fully
engages with team and other associates to troubleshoot problems and
drive continuous improvement in the plant.
- Selects appropriate components, aligns, and assembles them in
proper sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, bolts,
braces, tape, cement or solder to meet specifications in accordance
to Sequence of Events (SOE). Applies wiring harnesses, sensors, and
other electrical components recognizing color codes to insure that
wiring and other color coded procedures meet guidelines. Reads
electrical wiring diagrams to accomplish accurate assembly.
Inspects parts during sub-assembly and at key points to ensure that
unit meets specified quality standards prior to moving unit to the
next workstation. Verifies that custom equipment changes have been
made according to order and part number.
- Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hy-pot
tester, and drill press. Moves units or positions pieces manually
or using work aids such as casters, cranes or forklifts.
- Cleans and packs final product using approved chemicals, Refers
to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to insure safe handling and
proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used around
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts and maintains
inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all
operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and
equipment according to company policies and practices within
guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety. Maintains clean
and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety
- Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team
goals and continuous improvement in process.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments
to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions of
others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and
Values, serves as a role model in the workplace. Trains and mentors
new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line
training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD)
annual review process.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common
to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
- Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and
- Manufacturing and experience using small hand and power tools
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process,
click here for further assistance.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or
any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Asheville , Assembler ll ULT - 1st Shift, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!