Staff Engineer, Electrical
Posted on: May 16, 2019
Job Description When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you
ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for
exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the
largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people
the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions
to the world. The Staff Engineer, Product Optimization Engineering
is part of the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) which unites deep
scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to
deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need
to achieve their scientific goals quickly, reliably and safely. Our
smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to
focus on what matters most delivering answers and innovations that
save and improve lives. How will you make an impact?The Staff
Electrical Engineer will provide leadership to manage support of
New Product Development (NPD) projects, Product Optimization
Engineering (POE) projects, and support for reengineering existing
products for our Manufacturing Center of Excellence (COE) with
specific responsibilities on existing electrical components,
electrical subsystems and product testing. The engineer will have
project responsibilities for both Asheville, NC and Marietta, OH.
The position will reside in Asheville, NC.What will you do?
- Develop proper specifications for electrical system and
- Troubleshoot electrical systems including both analog and
digital circuits. Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems and
components to correct existing problems and improve product quality
- Improve current electrical systems by use of Design for
Manufacturability and Design for Assembly, and design electrical
systems for ease of service and cost reduction.
- Analyze electrical systems using simulation software to improve
design and performance. Familiarity with C and C+ programming
languages. Work will include analog circuit design, digital circuit
design, and software design and troubleshooting. This includes
interface to electromechanical systems.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate electrical system
performance while utilizing design for reliability tools and
performance sensitivity analysis. Consideration must be given to
the applicable third party certifications, for example: Food and
Drug Administration (FDA), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), European
Mark (CE), Canadian Standards Association (CSA) etc.
- Communicate the values of Integrity, Involvement, Innovation,
Intensity, Customer Focus and Performance Driven to employees
through daily actions, verbal communications and focus on role
- Manage and balance workload using a combination of internal and
- May train others on functional area related topics.How will you
get here? Education
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering, Master s
degree preferred Experience
- 5-8 years engineering experience and/or training electrical
circuit design and product development. Previous exposure to
manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with commonly used PCB CAD design tools. Altium
would be a bonus.
- Willing to work in a multiple project/multiple deadline
- Sense of ownership & urgency with projects and work
- Ability to integrate global standards and regulations into
- Ability to travel as required,
- Working conditions require the ability to sit, stand, walk,
bend, climb stairs, work at a computer station and on manufacturing
Keywords: dionex, Asheville , Staff Engineer, Electrical, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!