Silk Screen Operator 2nd Shift
Company: PLI Cards
Posted on: May 17, 2019
PLI is the largest Hospitality, Gift and Loyalty Card manufacturer
on the planet. But we know size without stature is meaningless.
Being the biggest is the purposeful result of our determined drive
to be the best. Dedicated to our customers' success. Invested in
our employees' goals and achievements. We work hard. We play hard.
We nurture our own and give back to our communities. We don't just
manufacture an impressive variety of card products. We deliver
solutions in card form. Silk Screen Operator 2nd Shift
(Monday-Friday, 2:55pm-11:05pm) We are searching for an experienced
Silk Screen Operator 2nd Shift (Monday-Friday, 2:55pm-11:05pm) at
our Asheville, NC facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of
the Screen Printer Operator is to perform the duties involved in
screen printing. These duties include preparing screen printing
stencils, mixing and loading ink, cleaning machine, troubleshooting
technological problems and maintaining screen printing equipment.
Also responsible for record keeping of work completed and job
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to
be representative of the tasks performed within this
classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one
position in the class. The omission of an essential function does
not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if
such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Printing with repeatable results, anticipating, recognizing and
fixing possible issues with ink and press
- Verify and follow all information on the job ticket before
printing including ink color matching and verification
- Quality checks throughout the run
- Verify the proper quantity has been printed before cleaning and
breaking down for the next job
- Embark on the multi-step process of screen making which
includes screen stretching, screen selection, degreasing, film
emulsion coating, exposure and wash out as well as cleaning and
reclaiming after printing
- Safely perform physical demands as indicated below
- Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or
other appropriate management personnel
- Work mandatory overtime as needed to meet customers' needs
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in offset printing operations
and prep work Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Higher degree in art or graphic design preferred Knowledge,
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, good eye for color
- Excellent problem solving skills Physical Requirements and Work
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
- Sit, speak, hear and comprehend
- Stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach
with hands and arms on a daily basis
- Lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the
ability to adjust focus and see colors with acuity While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor
setting, but may be exposed to:
- Variable temperature conditions indoor and outside
(occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold)
- Moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust
and/or mite hazards
- Moderate noise environment Regular work days are Monday through
Friday. First Shift hours are 6:55 am - 3:05 pm; Second Shift hours
are 2:55 pm - 11:55 pm; Third shift are 10:55 pm - 7:05
am.Additional overtime may be required with short notice.
A demonstrated commitment to safety is a condition of employment.
Non-Exempt Hourly - Regular Full Time Hourly Wage We are an equal
employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: PLI Cards, Asheville , Silk Screen Operator 2nd Shift, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!