Cell Lead - Weld - 2nd Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: May 19, 2019
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Responsible for day to day achievement of Safety, Quality,
Delivery, Inventory and Productivity goals (SQDIP) of team cell.
Guides team members and leads day-to-day activities within the cell
to ensure swift and accurate completion of customer orders.
Responsible for conducting daily standard work audits and
participates in team development. Drives the implementation of
PPI-Lean Enterprise and utilizes PPI Problem Solving methodology to
improve all processes by eliminating waste.
- Supports Manager and Supervisor in execution of assigned tasks
and initiatives. Responsible for conducting daily standard work
audits. Maintains a safe work environment and a high level of
safety awareness among Cell associates. Manages inventory levels
and accuracy within the Cell and collects and maintains data and
completes required reports.
- Facilitates daily cell metric reviews, responsible for
continuous improvement activities including; auditing standard
work, 5-S, and quality conformance. Responsible for the timely
implementation of assigned countermeasures for all key business
- Works closely with and builds rapport with personnel across a
variety of departments and functions within the facility.
Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to
relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions and
opinions of others regarding production issues and goals.
- Listens, supports, engages and encourages employee suggestions
and input to achieve excellent results. Conducts training and cross
training to team members. Builds rapport in an open, friendly and
accepting way. Participates in team development. Provides guidance
for the Cell to make certain that products are manufactured with
the highest level of quality in a safe and timely manner that will
meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all
operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and
equipment according to company policies and practices within
guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety. Maintains clean
and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety
- Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team
goals and continuous improvement in process.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments
to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions of
others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and
Values, serves as a role model in the workplace. Trains and mentors
new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line
training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD)
annual review process.Minimum Qualifications:
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and
blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part
numbers, labels and work instructions. Must possess a technical
aptitude and knowledge of continuous process improvement techniques
in a Lean manufacturing environment.
- 1-2 year external manufacturing experience or 1 year internal
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common
to the job. Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds. Preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills preferred.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting and role model leadership
- Demonstrated ability to challenge, enable, and motivate teams
preferred.At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process,
click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Associated topics: client service, customer order, customer
service, customer service representative, help desk, phone call,
representative, support specialist, telephone, trouble
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Asheville , Cell Lead - Weld - 2nd Shift, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!