Company: Borg Warner
Posted on: February 16, 2020
This position provides administrative support to the Asheville
Plant Manager and Leadership Team as needed. Responsibilities
include maintaining calendars, coordinating travel arrangements,
planning and organizing meetings, and performing daily
administrative tasks. This position is also responsible for
supporting the procurement of items and materials required for
production, maintenance and supplier development. This position
requires superior organizational skills, an ability to maintain
confidentiality, the ability to take initiative and provide highly
responsive, proactive support, and the ability to work
independently as well as in a team environment. Work direction is
provided on a limited basis.
- Reviews purchase requisitions (PR) for the Asheville campus,
assures PRs meet requirements, issues purchase orders (PO) to
vendors. Responsible for filing and storing documentation for audit
purposes. Including tool crib PRs as required.
- Sends out information required to set up a new vendor, reviews
vendor packet for accuracy and completeness. Coordinates with
appropriate parties until vendor number is assigned. Stores NDAs
and vendor packets to meet audit requirements.
- Distributes and stores documentation for the annual Supplier
- Works with all departments to help with purchase requisition
questions, follows up with suppliers for PO receipt confirmation
via email/phone calls as needed.
- Solicits and analyzes requests for quotations for assigned
items from suppliers or potential suppliers.
- Places orders for offices supplies, kitchen supplies, desk
supplies as needed
- Supports internal/external audits and provides documentation
requested during the audit process as required.
- Assists the commodity buyers to update pricing, surcharges,
intercompany pricing, PO mass closure, etc. as needed.
- Reviews and assures supplier IATF certificates are up to date,
uploads IATF certificates as needed to appropriate storage
- Monitors the supplier scorecard monthly access, notifies
suppliers to review scorecard as needed.
- Monitors and works to close monthly business warehouse
- Compiles reports and analyzes data for cost savings and other
items as needed
- Works with finance to identify suppliers marked for deletion,
makes appropriate changes in the system(s) as required
- Adds minority vendors to the corporate tracking list as
- Maintains purchase order, supplier and part number files in
accordance with BorgWarner procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Maintains supplier contact files
- Assist buyers to maintain tooling records by part number and
- Assists buyers with commodity projects, RFQs, data analysis as
- Coordinates onsite caterings.
- Coordinates domestic and international travel arrangements:
Books flightsonline or with travel agent's assistance; creates
travel trip itineraries; arranges for transportation,
visas,lodging, and other needs while traveling; communicates with
supervisors while traveling to ensure that they are fully informed
of all issues arising; willingness to ensure travel details
occurred as planned with proactive and exhaustive follow up.
- Completes expense reports in Concur and ensures process
- Performs daily administrative tasks: Screens phone calls; reads
andresponds to mail and Email; maintains calendar; Organize and
schedule live meetings and on-site meetings via Outlook; organizes
& simplifies documents requiring approval
- Organizes Group Meetings. Handles all of the logistics for
Meetings (transportation, hotel rooms, catering, and tickets);
prepares presentations and documents for Group Meetings;
willingness to ensure meeting details occurred as planned with
proactive and exhaustive follow up
- Drafts and edits documents, reports, and correspondence:
Maintains action items list; types documents from notes; prepares
presentations; Create PowerPoint presentations.
- This position requires a High School diploma, GED, or
- Knowledge of purchasing processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective team player.
- Significant computer literacy, including both comprehensive
business systems (SAP) and personal computers using Microsoft
- Candidate must be able to follow instructions, safety rules and
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to
prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Proactive, detail-oriented with excellent follow up skills and
tracking of actions
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Priority Setting
- Ethics & Values
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Organizational Agility
Direct Reports: None
Indirect Reports: None
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only: Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Keywords: Borg Warner, Asheville , Executive Assistant, Professions , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!