Maintenance Engineer (PM) - DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville
Company: Biltmore Farms, LLC
Posted on: April 10, 2021
You are a self-starter who can think on their feet. Your
innovative nature allows you to provide an outstanding guest
experience. You know your work area like the back of your hand and
take proactive measures to maintain a smooth hotel operation. Your
knowledge of various maintenance procedures is multifaceted. You
are a reliable team player on projects both big and small. Can you
picture yourself at Biltmore Farms Hotels as a Maintenance
Engineer? We can! ***Position will require PM availability for
evening shifts during the weekdays and weekends.*** As a
Maintenance Engineer, you will:
- Ensure the best possible lodging experience for each guest,
within the framework of operating guidelines.
- Perform general maintenance duties throughout the hotel
facility including: painting, hanging wallpaper, lighting repairs,
electrical circuits and wiring, plumbing, HVAC, appliance repair,
doors and locks, furniture, carpet and flooring.
- Complete tasks and assignments on the daily Maintenance
- Complete Maintenance Request Forms within 24 hours.
- Complete Preventive Maintenance program on a timely basis.
- Maintain an orderly and clean maintenance office/work area and
- Support the Housekeeping team to ensure vending machines and
common areas are maintained in a clean environment for guests and
- Perform duties and projects both large and small as assigned by
Hotel Management to meet guest or operational needs.
- Order small maintenance items as needed for repair and work
with maintenance personnel to ensure completion of the job.
- Perform walk-through inspections with the Chief Engineer and/or
- Able to quickly respond to emergency situations including
checking areas when fire alarms are engaged or getting to water
shut-offs in the event of a broken water line.
- Support the Housekeeping team to ensure the hotel parking lot,
landscaping, and dumpster area are clear of debris on a daily
- Ensure exterior building and grounds are clean by use of blower
and pressure washer.
- Practice safe working conditions under Occupational Safety and
Health Administration guidelines to include blood borne
- Practice safe chemical handling as prescribed in Material
Safety and Data Sheets.
- Wear the provided maintenance uniform and name tag and follow
grooming and appearance guidelines. The Maintenance Engineer
oversees the property maintenance of the hotel grounds, building
facilities, and guest rooms. Responsible for scheduling and
participating in the daily cleaning and upkeep, preventive
maintenance, small repair and tasks, special projects, and
communicating larger maintenance needs to the Chief Engineer and/or
General Manager for outsourcing purposes. Specific Job Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of heating, air conditioning, electric and plumbing
- Knowledge and skills with basic work tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of technique with painting, repairing and patching
walls, and cleaning carpets.
- Ability to work well in both a team atmosphere and individually
with limited supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work schedule and follow-up on
assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, coworkers,
- Ability to apply, read and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to understand and to carry-out instructions provided in
written, oral, or diagram form. Education & Experience:
- Must possess high school diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience in hotel, resort, or lodging maintenance is
preferred. Physical Requirements:
- Must regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or
move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, possess hand and finger agility,
handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; stoop, kneel, climb, crouch or crawl, and climb up to seven
(7) flights of stairs.
- Must be able to regularly work in outdoor weather conditions
and potentially be exposed to cold, wet or humid conditions. Why
Join Biltmore Farms Hotels?
- Competitive wages
- $200 Retention Bonus
- 401K retirement plan with employer matching
- Phenomenal employee growth opportunity
- Thriving work environments
- Participation in Biltmore Farms Wellness Program
- Fun employee events and activities For the on-going safety and
well-being of our employees and guests, Biltmore Farms' on-boarding
process includes a criminal history disclosure and screening
process for employees selected for employment. This process begins
after an offer of employment is extended in writing. Final
decisions on employment will be treated in accordance with
federal-, state-, and local laws and guidance and determinations
will be made on a case-by-case basis prior to adverse action.
Biltmore Farms is dedicated to matching candidates with a criminal
history to a position where they can be successful. NOTICE: Federal
law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment
eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This
employer participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information.
Apply Now with our quick 3 minute Application! * Fields Are
Required What is your full name? First Name How can we contact you?
Email Phone Number Number Type What is your preferred method of
Keywords: Biltmore Farms, LLC, Asheville , Maintenance Engineer (PM) - DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville, Professions , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!