Senior Electrical Engineer (SC)
Company: Excel Engineering Inc
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Description:Excel Engineering, Inc. is seeking a goal-oriented,
highly motivated, and experienced Senior Electrical Engineer for
our Greenville, South Carolina office.This individual must be a
go-getter, who is client focused. This position works closely with
other engineers, project managers, and Client team members in
support of both capital and operational improvement projects.Since
1990, Excel Engineering, Inc. has differentiated its services from
that of its competition by providing client focused engineering
solutions. We offer full service Electrical and Control System
Engineering Consulting services in the US and abroad. The position
requires implementing sound engineering principles to ensure
project designs are safe and at the industry's cutting edge. An
ability to work independently, self-motivate, and communicate
effectively with team members is of the utmost importance to this
- Interface with our Clients to develop scopes and estimates for
electrical design projects.
- Develop proposal and execute detailed engineering work on
single and multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Using knowledge of NEC, NFPA and UL; design complex industrial
electrical system to meet project requirements.
- Prepare Construction Documents for permit & bidding for utility
interconnection, power distribution, lighting, instrumentation, and
fire alarm systems.
- Create and review coordination, grounding , arc flash, and
short circuit studies.
- Lead engineering effort on development of one-line diagrams,
motor load lists, termination schedules, and panel schedules.
- Lead engineering effort on specification of electrical
transformers, MCCs, switchgear, motors, and cables.
- Design electrical protection systems, including over current
and protective power relay settings.
- Work with Client's to investigate, troubleshoot and mitigate
Power Quality (PQ) issues.
- Perform third party field Nationally Recognized Testing
Laboratory (NRTL) evaluations of industrial control panels.
- Mentor junior or mid-level electrical engineers and
- Willing to Travel up to 25%. Requirements:Experience
- Minimum of (6) or more years' experience in electrical
- Industrial electrical design experience in the following
industries is preferred: Manufacturing, Consumer Goods, Renewable
Energy; Gas Processing, Chemical, Power, Waste Management or
- Expertise in National Electrical Code (NEC), NPFA70E and other
applicable codes and standards.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration or ability to obtain
such within 1 year is preferred.Education
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering from an
ABET accredited institution or equivalent experience is
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 Scale.Skills
Applicable to the Role
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in SKM PowerTools, ETAP, PowerWorld or similar
power system modeling software
- Proficiency with Schweitzer Electrical Laboratories, Basler and
GE protection products and software.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels
in the organization in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in words and in
writing; ability to generate high quality reports and
presentations.Excel Engineering Offers
- Competitive salary
- Continuing education and on the job training
- Retirement plan - 401(k) matching
- Competitive, comprehensive insurance package
- Wellness program
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule and work environmentExcel Engineering is
focused on cultivating a high performing culture where a service
oriented approach, continuous improvement and goal orientation are
valued. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and
rewarding environment, Excel Engineering is for you!Excel
Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment regardless of their race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
disability, age, veteran status, marital status, or status with
regard to public assistance. In our commitment to diversity,
equity, and inclusion, we strongly encourage applicants from
populations that are underrepresented in the engineering field to
apply. For applicants who need an accommodation to apply, please
contact human resources at ExcelHR@exceleng.net.
Keywords: Excel Engineering Inc, Asheville , Senior Electrical Engineer (SC), Professions , Taylors, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!