Asphalt Plant Laborer - Hayesville, NC
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job ID: - 404260Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, a CRH
company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site
construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North
Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated
products and services enable us to build and manage site
development projects from concept through construction. -In
addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud
reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional
companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to
form CRH. -CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the
largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix
producer in North America. We are also the number four cement
producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with
a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small
company environment while having the career opportunities of a
large enterprise.Position Overview Crew member essential to the
asphalt plant crew. - Member will assist in all jobs pertaining to
keeping the asphalt plant running at normal efficiency levels. -
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment
for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations
for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety
Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Attendance required according to Company Attendance Policy to
ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Assist plant crew with various duties such as shoveling,
loading equipment and general maintenance and upkeep of plant.
- May be required to use power and/or hand tools such as shovel,
rake, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer/drill, tamps (both manual and
power driven), sledge hammer and other tools associated with
- Dig, spread and level construction materials.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks at plant.
- Physical ability to operate equipment under temperature
extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and
professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty
- High school education of GED preferred but not required.
- Experience running a loader preferred but not required.
- Basic electrical/mechanical skills preferred but not
- Previous experience in construction field is preferredWork
- Ability to communicate effectively to insure all plant
personnel understand what is expected and what needs are
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes,
location changes, time of shift changes.
- Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Ability to work at heights up to 90 feet wearing appropriate
PPE to perform maintenance or repair to plant components (ex: silo,
drag slats, traverse, bag house, elevators, batch towers,
drum/mixer, conveyors) utilizing ladders, stairs, manlifts and
- Ability to adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy
and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied
- Requires riding to and from plants. - If operating company
vehicle, employee must meet Driver Qualification Standard.
- Ability to use power and/or hand tools needed to complete jobs
- Ability to practice safety standards per Company Safety Policy
- Ability to operate or initiative to learn to operate equipment
and learn additional skills required at an asphalt plant.Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.
- Physical ability to perform maintenance on plant under extreme
temperatures and for extended hours of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders to top of plant/silo.
- Uses tools such as sledge hammer, wrenches, screwdrivers,
cutting torch, welder, pneumatic hammer/drill, sand blaster, pipe
- Job requires the following motions: climbing, stooping
stretching, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, walking,
standing, reaching and squatting
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. while using proper lifting
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.The
statements included in this job description are not intended to be
all-inclusive. - They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. - Other duties may be
assigned as required. - Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.What CRH -Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRH -CRH -has a long and
proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We
are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local
and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that
together form the CRH -family. CRH operates with a decentralized,
diversified structure, letting you work in a small company
environment while having the career opportunities of a large
enterprise.CRH -is a great place to grow! If you're up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Please complete your online application and profile which
will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you
for your interest in the CRH -family!Harrison Construction Company
is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
-EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Asheville , Asphalt Plant Laborer - Hayesville, NC, Professions , Candler, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!