Packaging Technician I
Company: WICKED WEED BREWING
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world s most loved beers
and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are
owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges,
and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent
that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We
want talent that is looking for fast career growth,
cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training &
development.Summary: The Packaging Technician works in the
Packaging Department to operate and maintain equipment needed to
package beer in a variety of containers including kegs, bottles and
cans. Assists in a variety of aspects throughout the business as
needed. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates packaging department equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems within the department.
- Understands and adheres to safety standards.
- Cleans and maintains bottling/kegging/canning facilities.
- Alerts the Line Leader or other management personnel to
potential quality concerns.
- Functions well working in a team environment.
- Completing computer-based work, as required to fulfill job or
department duties.Additional duties may be assigned as
necessary.Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and remain on call
when necessary; inclusive of nights.
- Report to Candler, NC or Arden, NC Brewery for packaging work
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to be comfortable working in a
team environment with a great deal of interdepartmental
- The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot
- The ability to stay on task and sometimes work
- Basic computer skills including using the internet and using MS
Office software.Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in a production/packaging environment a plus
- An understanding of lock-out/tag-out and other core safety
- The work environment is that of a brewery.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous machinery,
materials and chemicals.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water and
steam. Physical Demands:
- Ability to handle heavy objects safely and with proper body
mechanics - Lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. and
routinely maneuver objects weighing up to 165 lbs.
- Ability to perform work in a non-temperature-controlled
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move objects weighing up to
55 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 160 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time standing
and/or walking. Walking surfaces may be wet and/or slippery.
- Ability to frequently sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to
finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.Other Duties:Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities
and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: WICKED WEED BREWING, Asheville , Packaging Technician I, Professions , Waynesville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!