Packaging Technician I - Wicked Weed
Company: WICKED WEED BREWING
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world s most loved beers
and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are
owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges,
and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent
that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We
want talent that is looking for fast career growth,
cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training &
development.WORK LOCATION: Wicked Weed Brewing SHIFT: 2nd shift -
2:00pm - 10:00pm/Monday - FridayROLE SUMMARY: The Packaging
Technician works in the Packaging Department to operate and
maintain equipment needed to package beer in a variety of
containers including kegs, bottles, and cans. Assists in a variety
of aspects throughout the business as needed.JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Operates packaging department equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems within the department.
- Understands and adheres to safety standards.
- Cleans and maintains bottling/kegging/canning facilities.
- Alerts the Line Leader or other management personnel to
potential quality concerns.
- Functions well working in a team environment.
- Completing computer-based work, as required to fulfill job or
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and remain on call,
when necessary, inclusive of nights.
- Report to Candler, NC or Arden, NC Brewery for packaging work
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to be comfortable working in a
team environment with a great deal of interdepartmental
- The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot
- The ability to stay on task and sometimes work
- Basic computer skills including using the internet and using MS
- Experience in a production/packaging environment a plus
- An understanding of lock-out/tag-out and other core safety
issues.SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle heavy objects safely and with proper body
mechanics - Lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. and
routinely maneuver objects weighing up to 165 lbs.
- Ability to perform work in a non-temperature-controlled
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move objects weighing up to
55 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 160 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time standing
and/or walking. Walking surfaces may be wet and/or slippery.
- Ability to frequently sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to
finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.WORK
- The work environment is that of a brewery.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous machinery,
materials, and chemicals.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water,
and steam. BENEFITS:
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Paid Holidays
- 401k match up to 6%
- Employee discounts on merchandise
Keywords: WICKED WEED BREWING, Asheville , Packaging Technician I - Wicked Weed, Professions , Leicester, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!