Manufacturing Engineering Technician-Iron Dept-1st Shift
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and
sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a
company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together
talented employees, meaningful work, and amazing technology in a
unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our
vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe the health and safety of our employees are a top
priority. We care about our local communities and the global
environment. BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and
inclusive environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence,
commits to responsibility for our communities and the environment,
and builds on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and
encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture,
technologies, and future vision. We offer a strong local presence
and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with
Pay & Benefits
All positions start at an above market pay rate for that position.
Benefits are also above market and include the below for all
* Day 1 Medical Coverage with potential of no monthly premium
* Onsite Health Clinic for employees and dependents (age 14 and
over) at no cost
* Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, and Disability Coverage
* Tuition Reimbursement Program after 18 months
* Retirement Savings Plan (401k) with a matching program
* Company paid holidays and vacation starting Day 1
The BorgWarner Arden campus offers two world class technical
centers and a cutting-edge manufacturing facility that designs and
produces turbos, fan, and fan drive components for the automotive
industry. The Arden campus offers a multitude of career
opportunities and is in the beautiful mountains of Western North
This position will be primarily responsible for 1st shift support
of iron machining, including turbine housings, bearing housings,
and other product machined in that area. Work scope includes
machine program and process development, process analysis, and
engineering tasks as needed in an effort to improve the quality of
production and process flow. More comprehensive list of
* Serves as departmental liaison between Engineering Resources and
the production floor and assist with implementation of safety,
quality, and process improvements into the department.
* Coordinates with Manufacturing Managers, Manufacturing Engineers,
Vendors, Customers, and Engineering to ensure customer
* Serves as the facilitator for complex department projects
relating to Manufacturing including planning, scheduling, training,
implementation, and documentation of solutions.
* Perform test and analyze data to improve department functions and
assist with daily manufacturing support.
* Creates and maintains department ISO 9000-2001 and TS 16949
documentation in accordance with set standards in an effort to
support the existing quality systems.
* Assists the maintenance team when required to perform or
coordinate the preventative maintenance or machine repairs on
* Assists the Department Manager, Production Facilitator, and
Engineering with the implementation of new or modified production
lines in the department.
* Work with production to ensure appropriate component packaging
and transport methods internal to the Plant considering
* Work with plant layout team to ensure appropriate floor space is
allocated based on packaging needs
* Works with Manufacturing Tool Design to develop concepts for
Fixtures, Cutting Tools and New Products.
* Recommends and implements improvements to current manufacturing
processes and tooling.
* Provides technical support to complex production processes and
machinery as well as supply the department manager with advice and
solutions relating to machine and process functions.
* Makes recommendations for improving the machining operation,
design changes, tooling changes and manufacturing process for cost
* Inspects machined parts as necessary using indicators,
micrometers, callipers and related devices for optimal
* Assists in procurement of new tooling and fixtures.
* Tests and evaluates new programs and performs any necessary
* Works with minimal supervision and manages processes.
* Understand and adhere to current health, safety, and
* Communicate and enforce safe work procedures.
* Identify and close safety issues (suggestions, inspection, and
investigation findings) and their corrective actions.
* Understand and adhere to current quality and control
* Perform other duties as needed.
What we're looking for
* Completion of high school or equivalent with courses in machine
shop, mechanical drafting, or engineering vocational training is a
* Machinist degree from an accredited technical program preferred
or equivalent experience is required.
* High level of understanding of metal cutting and tool
* Requires at least 3 years' experience in Manufacturing floor
working with technical issues, material flow.
* Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints.
* Possess a good understanding of current tooling and technology as
related to job responsibilities is required.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret engineering drawings and 3-D
* A working knowledge of the basic operation of lathes, drill
presses, CNC machines, grinders, assembly presses, balancers,
mills, and basic assembly processes is preferred.
* A working knowledge of the basic operation of DC Electric Torque
Systems, Cognex Vision systems, Fanuc Robots, Servo, Hydraulic, &
Pneumatic Presses, Balancing machines, Plasma & TIG Welding
systems, and basic assembly processes is preferred.
* Basic knowledge of fundamentals of internal combustion engines is
* Must have ability to operate a computer system with Windows,
including Microsoft Outlook, MS Excel and Word software
applications is preferred.
* Attendance on the job is essential.
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* Must be able to follow instructions, safety rules and
What we believe
* Inclusion: Respecting Individuals
* Integrity: Honoring truth
* Excellence: Focusing on results
* Responsibility: Our commitment
* Collaboration: Building trust
This position will adhere to the BorgWarner Environmental Health
and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures,
practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use
of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual
will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing
injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by
correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or
occurrences to their Team Lead immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only: Indirect Hourly
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Asheville , Manufacturing Engineering Technician-Iron Dept-1st Shift, Professions , Arden, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!