Company: Redwood Apartment Neighborhoods
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Title : Service Technician
Reports to: Neighborhood Manager
Location: Greer, SC
***$1000 Sign on Bonus***
$500 after 30 days
$500 after 6 months
*subject to applicable tax withholdings
At Redwood, we know we are only as successful as the people who
power us. Our employees are passionate, they are talented, they are
empowered to make decisions that positively affect the lives of our
residents. From site personnel to corporate leadership, our
employees demonstrate Redwood's commitment to deliver more than
expected, communicate openly and honestly and demonstrate integrity
in all aspects of our business. As we continue to grow, we seek
these same qualities in every team member we bring on board.
Redwood is currently looking for a Service Technician to add to our
Under the general direction of the Neighborhood Manager, the
Service Technician will be responsible for performing routine and
general maintenance on the facilities, buildings, equipment of the
assigned Redwood Apartment Neighborhood. As such, you will be
expected to act as a Redwood brand ambassador, promote our brand
and provide the best resident experience possible.
All Redwood employees are expected to conduct all organizational
business and practices in accordance to Redwood company
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Repairing and maintaining facilities, buildings, grounds and
equipment at assigned Redwood neighborhood.
- Performing light plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry,
glazing, painting and drywall tasks.
- Performing minor repairs of plumbing systems, including
unclogging drains, fixing toilet issues and minor water line
repairs, as well as repairing/replacing water heaters.
- Servicing kitchen appliances, washers, dryers and garage issues
- Preparing vacated apartment homes for release quickly and
- Directing vendors on repair issues, installation needs and
- Plowing driveways and roads, as well as shoveling pathways in
winter when instructed.
- Responding to resident complaints and concerns in a timely,
professional and appropriate manner to ensure the best resident
- Repairing windows, floors, roadworks, plaster, drywall or other
parts of building structures.
- Diagnosing mechanical problems and determining how to best fix
- Performing routine preventative maintenance to uphold the
Redwood brand and resident satisfaction through the efficient, safe
and smooth operation of systems and machines.
- Using common hand and power tools, including hammers, saws,
drills and wrenches, plus precision measuring instruments and
electrical/electronic testing devices.
- Following all safety standards at all times, without
- Meeting with the Neighborhood Manager to review service
- Prioritizing daily tasks, ordering parts/supplies as
- Providing emergency maintenance availability for residents when
- Completing service requests in a timely fashion.
- Performing general cleaning of buildings at neighborhood.
- Attending staff meetings, meetings with supervisor and
interacting with vendors when needed/assigned.
- Maintaining weather log to document snow and ice removal
efforts, maintaining records of maintenance performed in all units
and common areas.
- Checking vendor work for satisfactory completion on a routine
- Maintaining a record of acceptable attendance and
- All other related duties, as assigned.
As a Service Technician, you will be required to exhibit the
- Respectfulness, trustworthiness, empathy and leadership
- The ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills and general business acumen
- The ability to communicate and interact with employees at all
- Proven ability to plan, organize and implement multiple
tasks/projects on a concurrent, real-time basis
Required Qualifications, Education & Certifications
- High school diploma or GED required
- General computer proficiency
- 2-3 years general maintenance experience preferred
- Good vision and hearing, the ability to lift 50 pounds, bend,
stoop, sit for 1-2 hours at a time, walk up stairs.
- Ability to operate a smart phone.
- HVAC certification preferred, not required
This job operates in a professional maintenance environment.
In this role, the employee will routinely use standard maintenance
equipment such as hammers, saws, drills and wrenches, precision
measuring instruments and electrical/electronic testing devices,
etc. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend and
walk with the ability to lift 50 pounds where applicable and will
work indoors and outdoors.
Redwood offers a generous contribution for employee medical
insurance, dental, vision, 401K contribution, short/long term
disability options, tuition assistance, a generous PTO allowance
and rental discount for eligible associates.
Redwood Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Redwood
strictly prohibits and does not tolerate illegal discrimination,
and Redwood provides equal employment opportunities to employees
and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), age, physical
or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective
service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or
local law. Associated topics: grounds maintenance, landfill,
landscape, mower, paver, plant, resurface, road, sod, tree
Keywords: Redwood Apartment Neighborhoods, Asheville , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Greer, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!