Company: Park Lawn Corporation
Location: Pisgah Forest
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Why Work for Blue Ridge Garden of Memory?
- At every level, our dedicated team members display a strong
work ethic and commitment to our core values, respect for the
family, the profession, and the individual.
- Work with leading experts in the funeral and cemetery
- Financial assistant programs encouraging employees through
education and development in industry related subjects.
- Robust Health and Welfare Plans, and savings account options,
designed to support your personal needs, enhance well-being and
help navigate life's challenges.
- Rich 401k and Roth Retirement Plan options available for both
Full Time and Part Time employees along with a Company Match.
- Variety of Vacation, Personal Days and Sick Days based on your
role emphasizing the importance of physical and emotional
replenishment for our team.
- Employee Discounts on services, merchandise, and property to
help our team members in their time of need.
- We value honesty, courage, integrity, ethical behavior and the
development of personal growth.
- We are rooted in the communities to provide a personal touch to
every family we serve.
- We believe in the value of funeral and cemetery service,
drawing on decades of experience to create the best experience for
Perform all grounds keeping and maintenance matters on the
properties and maintains the overall appearance of a cemetery,
mausoleum or funeral home location.
- Performs tasks of grounds maintenance requiring the knowledge
of use and general maintenance of mechanized equipment including
lawn equipment i.e. weed eaters, walk behind mowers, hedge trimmers
and edger, pruners, leaf vacuums/blowers.
- Performs set-up and completion of interments and entombments to
include but not limited to excavating of the grave to the proper
level, assist with the lifting and placing casket on lowering
device, removing, replacing and lifting crypt and niche
- Correctly identifies and locates the location of specified
interment/entombment spaces within the cemetery on cemetery
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Detail Orientation.
- Customer Service Orientation.
- Time Management.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications and Licensure
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education,
training and experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year grounds experience.
- Cemetery grounds experience is strongly preferred.
- Valid state issued driver's license in good standing and
acceptable driving record.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to operate large and medium scale equipment to include
but not limited to riding mowers, backhoes, hi-lows, tractors,
Kubota's riding machines, Gators, ditch diggers, power washers,
golf carts, casket and granite power lifts, trucks and trucks with
- Ability to read a cemetery map and correctly identify and
locate the location of specified interment/entombment spaces within
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Bilingual is a
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires the ability to show respect and sensitivity toward
families while working in a physically demanding environment.
- Knowledge of use and general maintenance of mechanized
- Ability to apply proper precautions concerning lifting and
equipment use in a safe and careful manner.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- The duties associated with this position are generally
performed in an outdoor setting.
- Outdoor duties may require exposure to natural elements such as
inclement weather, extreme temperatures, uneven ground, dust, gas,
- Equipment used to perform the essential function of this
position includes, hand-held tools and equipment, including but not
limited to shovels, picks, rakes, sledgehammers, lawn mowers, weed
trimmers and sod cutters
- Employees in this role are regularly required to climb, sit,
stand, bend, kneel, and frequently lift up to 75 pounds and may be
required to lift up to 100 pounds.
- This position may also require reaching, pushing, and
- This position may also be exposed to chemicals and/ or blood
borne pathogens. Exposure risk is considered:Low
- Overtime is sometimes necessary or required.
- This position may require up to 10 percent out of area and
- Travel is primarily local occurring during the business day
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Park Lawn Corporation, Asheville , Grounds Maintenance, Professions , Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...