Company: The Scion Group
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Want to learn more about The Scion Group? Check out our
We're hiring immediately!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to
work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor
Scion is paving a path in student living and the Facilities
Technician II is an integral part in the execution of our vision.
This position responds to maintenance and repair service requests,
carries out preventive maintenance tasks, prepares apartments for
turnovers, and stays on top of requesting required supplies in a
timely matter. The Facilities Technician II ensures safety and
functionality of the property's buildings and equipment and ensures
optimal service is provided to our customers.
The Facilities Technician II is an experienced technician who
excels in a fast-paced, agile, collegiate environment. This role
demands superior problem solving, technical abilities and
unwavering follow through.
- FLSA Status Non-Exempt
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Maternal Leave
- Parental Leave
- Learning reimbursement opportunities Your Responsibilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in Building Automation Systems (BAS),
Entrata and CMMS systems for timely logging of service requests and
- Maintain the physical condition of the property according to
The Scion Group's Standard Operating Procedures, OSHA and
- Perform physically demanding work to maintain the asset, and
other property features to minimize liability concerns.
- Assume responsibility (as required) over operating, system
monitoring/diagnostics, and preventative testing for major building
systems such as: chilled water systems with fan coil units, air
handling units with outside condensers including roof top units
(RTU), building stationary boilers, hot- & cold-water distribution
systems (plumbing, pressure/pneumatic/storage tanks, variable
frequency drive (and pumps & motors), domestic hot water heaters,
building automation systems (BAS), electrical distribution systems,
switchgears and controls, generators, uninterrupted power supply
(UPS), elevators and lifts, parking structures
(ventilation/drainage systems, T-Joints), entrance & exit gates and
overhead doors, shingled/tarred roof, TPO membrane roofing system,
EIFS, brick, vinyl, & cementitious sideboard, ACP, curtain walls,
and insulated glass units (IGUs).
- Operate system monitoring/diagnostics, preventative testing for
life safety systems such as: fire pumps, fire alarm monitoring
panels, dry/wet sprinkler systems, visual and audible alarms, back
flow preventers, smoke detectors, CO2 sensors/alarms, fire
extinguishers, emergency lighting, means of egress, and fire
- Assist in creating emergency and disaster preparedness plans
- Maintain key management protocols and security, unlocking
apartment doors and accompany/escort various vendors as
- Coordinate delivery and work schedules with vendors,
contractors as approved by the Facilities Supervisor.
- Coordinate maintenance objectives and daily assignments with
- Diagnose and perform routine maintenance/repair in a timely and
- Assure all service requests are completed daily.
- Document work performed and parts used; and submit daily upon
completion, including legible notes on what was done, the supplies
used, further follow-up and materials needed, date and signature of
- Promote good public relations with residents, service staff,
contractors, and management through great "people" attitude and
- Inspect vacated apartments and record necessary repairs and
maintenance, informing the Facilities Supervisor of needed services
- Routinely perform duties including basic appliance repair,
general carpentry, plumbing/fixture repair, painting, and basic
electric & lighting to make apartments ready on a timely basis, and
ensure meeting completion dates set by the General Manager/Property
- Routinely inspect interior common areas and the exterior of the
property, ensuring daily upkeep of all common areas with company
standards, and all the light fixtures are in working order.
- Complete preventive maintenance tasks on all equipment and
operating systems to ensure warranty compliance and extended useful
- Clean coils and condensers, lubricate equipment, maintain air
filters and perform minor repair work as assigned.
- Perform routine clean up at repair location or in maintenance
shop, keeping working area clean and safe.
- Maintain parts and supply inventory, as authorized.
- Clean and organize the workshops, storerooms, boiler rooms, and
- Clean pools; adjust and maintain chemicals to proper levels, if
- Pressure-wash sidewalks, buildings, pool decks, etc.
- Assist in snow removal at property, as required.
- Assume responsibility for after-hours emergencies at the
direction of the company supervisor/manager.
- Undertake training related to job duties as deemed necessary.
The responsibilities listed above may not be all-inclusive.
What we Require
- High school/GED or trade school diploma and with minimum of 3-5
years of full-time general maintenance experience, or an equivalent
- HVAC certification/EPA 608 certification (Core, Type I, II &
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO), or intention to obtain within
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Knowledge of key management and security systems
- Knowledge of safety procedures with a safety conscious
attitude, record of punctuality and dependability, ability to work
with pressure of aggressive deadlines, and flexible schedule to
accommodate after-hours and weekend emergencies
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrated ability to access computer programs and use or
learn basic computer operations related to position requirements
(ie. Entrata, CMMS, Building Automation system & Digital Control
- Ability and willingness to travel when required
- Ability to stand 8 hours or longer per day and lift up to 100
lbs. as necessary Operational Details
- Job location is at the assigned property. May be required to
- Serves in an "on-call" capacity, except during approved PTO
The Scion Group LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, religion, creed, national origin, color, gender, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical or mental
disability (as long as the employee/applicant is otherwise
qualified for the job with or without a reasonable accommodation),
genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, marital status, uniformed
service, veteran status, pregnancy or other legally protected
status or category under federal or state law. The Scion Group LLC
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in all locations in which the
Company has properties. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence,
compensation, training and other terms and conditions of
employment. The Scion Group LLC is committed to the principles of
equal employment opportunities.
IND1 #wearehiring #werehiring
Keywords: The Scion Group, Asheville , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Cullowhee, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...