Production Associate, Fill (11:00pm-7:00am)
Location: Spruce Pine
Posted on: November 20, 2023
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. -Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. -Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. -Your Role at
BaxterThis is where my hands make life-sustaining productsYou are
driven by the knowledge that the products you help make saves and
sustain lives. You can move quickly, address questions, and
encourage teammates, all while getting quality products out on
time. You are calm, positive, and a key part of a fast-paced
environment that emphasizes camaraderie and teamwork. As a
-Production Associate, Fill, you are happiest when you are moving,
and we will not disappoint!Baxter is known for its speed and
high-quality product. Our manufacturing operations are
around-the-clock to meet the needs of our customers. Our
high-caliber talent works through the challenges at hand while
pushing toward meeting client order needs. Different shift
assignments allow for flexibility and safety.Your teamBaxter is
focused on saving and sustaining lives by manufacturing
high-quality products. We strive to create quality products for our
customers each day.Delivering life-saving products is about getting
them right, and attention to detail is how we make sure we meet
that challenge. We are a team that supports each other throughout
each shift. Working together in a supportive and open culture makes
our processes evolve for the better and engages our
workforce.You'll be offered extensive training, and the tight-knit
working environment within the Manufacturing team means employees
get additional training from their direct manager and peers when
needed.What we offer from Day One:
- Shift flexibility to trade shifts and leverage overtime
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 160 hours of Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401K match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition ReimbursementWhat You'll Be DoingThe Production
Associate, Fill is an Hourly Non-Exempt position which contributes
to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by inspecting,
printing, filling, and sealing flexible containers which hold IV
therapies, premixed drugs, renal therapies and other sterile
- Fill, assemble and plug flexible containers with solutions or
premixed drugs at a rate consistent with production needs.
- Print labeling and bar code information on the flexible
containers using a computerized printer.
- Maintain the printer by replacing printer foil, ribbon and by
making minor adjustments.
- Supply the filling stations with printed bags and other
supplies necessary to assemble the flexible container.
- Inspect and ensure that the printed bags and their components
meet quality standards.
- Perform and document scheduled cleaning activities.
- Perform scheduled quality checks using an assortment of gauges
and a scale.
- Learn, understand, and apply rigorous quality standards,
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any
safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur.
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles.What
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- CRC (Career Readiness Certification) at the Silver level,
- Possess or be able to obtain Inspector Certification.
- One year of manufacturing experience, preferred.
- Basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to
communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions
and read and comprehend written work instructions including words
- Ability to perform basic mathematics.Physical Requirements
- Requires continuous grasping, pushing/pulling up to 40 pounds
for a distance up to 50 feet and reaching with hands and arms up to
- Lifting and carrying on average up to 12 pounds frequently
throughout the shift.
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are
- Complete quick and precise repetitive processes using both arms
and both hands.
- Occasionally specialized physicals are required when working
with certain drug codes.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, squat, climb ladders, reach
forward, balance, stoop and crouch.We understand compensation is an
important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At
Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees,
and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To
that end, this position has a pay rate of $17.88 an hour.The
successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he
or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable
accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious
beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable
law.Equal Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity
employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran
status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Reasonable
AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or
interview process, please click on the here and let us know the
nature of your request along with your contact
information.Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has discovered incidents
of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter
employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job
seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial
information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .
Keywords: BAXTER, Asheville , Production Associate, Fill (11:00pm-7:00am), Professions , Spruce Pine, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!