Registered Pharmacy Technician
Company: Asheville Specialty Hospital
Posted on: September 10, 2018
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Asheville, NC - Asheville, NCPosition Type PRN-As NeededEducation Level 2 Year DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category Health CareDescription Responsible for assisting the pharmacist in the stocking and dispensing of medications, maintaining dispensing systems, and compounding sterile and non-sterile preparations. Essential Responsibilities
- Prepares medications, tube feedings, and compounded sterile and non-sterile products for dispensing
- Maintains hospital dispensing systems
- Repackages medications and distributes filled orders
- Assists with inventory management including purchasing medications and supplies.
- Participates in work team activities
- Participates in quality improvement activities Organizational Expectations CORE VALUES RESPECT: We respect the individual dignity of all persons and demonstrate genuine care for the individual needs of patients, families, and other staff members. INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all of our actions in the delivery of patient care and in all business dealings. TRUST: We understand that patients and families trust us to provide the best care possible and we have a responsibility to be professional and trustworthy in all of our actions. EXCELLENCE: We continually strive to achieve excellence by exceeding patients/family needs, identifying and acting upon opportunities for performance improvement and committing ourselves to professional education. FLEXIBILTY: We understand that healthcare is a dynamic and constantly changing field and we must be responsive and adaptive to meet these challenges. Communication The employee effectively communicates appropriate and thorough information, in a professional and respectful manner, to all customers and teammates in accordance with ASH Core Values. Teamwork The employee is an effective team member by supporting inter-disciplinary collaboration and readily assisting co-workers. The employee displays ASH Core Values by performing duties within their scope of practice, as assigned. Customer Service and Accountability The employee demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to assist customers and team members to meet or exceed all expectations of care. The employee embraces diversity within the work environment and consistently interacts with all customers and team members in a friendly and respectful manner. Professional Conduct and Work Ethics The employee exhibits a positive attitude in support of the organization and leadership. The employee treats hospital resources and property with respect and in a manner that reflects awareness of financial responsibility. The employee adheres to all policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, and corporate compliance. Qualifications Qualifications and Requirements License: Current pharmacy technician registration issued by the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy Experience: None Must have and maintain current basic life support (BLS/CPR) certification: Red Cross or American Heart Association Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Education: Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree License: Current Pharmacy Technician Certification issued by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Experience: 3 Years hospital experience including IV preparation Working Conditions Work requires standing, walking, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, crawling, twisting, pushing, pulling and bending. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in equipment and/or supplies. Intact (or corrected) visual acuity, hearing, smell and touch is required. Manual and finger dexterity is required. Must be able to speak and understand English with the ability to communicate effectively. Physical abilities testing may be required. Additional departmental requirements may be identified as defined by department manager.
Keywords: Asheville Specialty Hospital, Asheville , Registered Pharmacy Technician, Professions , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!