Company: IntraHealth International, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2019
Why Join IntraHealthAt IntraHealth, we are a global team of
creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates,
technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers,
finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and
diverse. And we re united in our belief that everyone everywhere
should have the health care they need to thrive. That s why we work
every day to improve the performance of health workers around the
world and strengthen the systems in which they work.For almost 40
years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local
communities to make sure health workers are present where they re
needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they
need, and safe to do their very best work.Our programs are designed
with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of
human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic
empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding
relationships we ve built with government agencies, private-sector
partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger
and more effective.Join us and together we can make lasting changes
in global health for all of us.Summary of RoleThe Financial Analyst
will be responsible for conducting high-level analysis of revenue,
expenses, direct and indirect costs. S/he will support the finance
and accounting team in managing the organization s day-to-day
financial operations. S/he will prepare financial reports and
invoices by extracting data information from IntraHealth's
accounting system for donors. S/he will perform continuous
financial and variance analysis of IntraHealth financials. S/he
will analyze actual versus budgeted performance and develop
detailed financial models to support a variety of strategic
initiatives. In addition, the financial analyst will provide
leverage and analytical support to the Finance Team. This position
reports to the Controller and will work very closely with Center
for Program Delivery and learning.Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual
results with plans and forecasts.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring
variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting
applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate
financial reporting and decision support.
- Assist the Finance Team in developing monthly, quarterly and
annual Board presentations.
- Develop and execute dashboards that highlight monthly,
quarterly and annual financial performance and actionable
- Become an expert in USAID, CDC and other USG financial
reporting and compliance requirements.
- Evaluates the costs, benefits, and risks of programs, and
projects.Invoicing and Accounting
- Analyzes understands all reporting requirements stipulated in
contracts or grants and prepares invoices for donors on monthly
and/or quarterly basis.
- Manages and tracks an effective billing system.
- Reviews all records and ledgers associated with bills to ensure
- Ensures that all billing calculations are correct before
sending invoices to donors.
- Meets all billing deadlines.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related
field and at least 4 years of relevant work experience or a Master
s degree in a related field and at least 2 years of relevant work
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Must have clear understanding of billing programs.
- Strong knowledge of financial, accounting, and distribution
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work under pressure, meet
tight deadlines and handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks.
- Must have superior analytical skills.
- Must have good communication skills.Working Conditions/Physical
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk
most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
- This position is based in IntraHealth HQ, Chapel Hill,
NCSummary of BenefitsIntraHealth International, Inc. is a great
place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits
package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work
environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the
lives of people throughout the world.IntraHealth International is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.To
apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.
intrahealth. org/section/careersLearn more about Who We Are @:
http://www. intrahealth. org/section/about-us1
Keywords: IntraHealth International, Inc., Asheville , Financial Analyst, Professions , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!