Charge Technician Ultra Low Temp Freezers - 2nd Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: May 19, 2019
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Visually inspects units for paint and construction flaws and
confirms that each component is securely placed in the unit, such
as handles, lids, doors, wiring, connections, clamps and other
parts properly installed, properly aligned and correct color,
style. Assures all paperwork, including the manual and diagrams are
attached to the unit and are accurate. Verifies accessories with
orders, and checks packaging of these accessories to assure safe
delivery. Coordinates final shipments with crating coordinator and
notifies production coordinator of units ready for shipment. Enters
all shipments in computer and verifies accuracy.
- Matches the product order with the available stock units.
Verifies changes on orders with sales prior to shipment. Types all
data plates and affixes to unit, assuring proper voltage and charge
are included as well as UL and C.S.A. tag.
- Orders materials from stock room and sales to enable production
employees to finish products.
- Works with engineering, production and sales as required.
- Cleans and packs final product using approved chemicals, Refers
to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to insure safe handling and
proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used around
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts and maintains
inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all
operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and
equipment according to company policies and practices within
guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety. Maintains clean
and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety
- Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team
goals and continuous improvement in process.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments
to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions of
others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and
Values, serves as a role model in the workplace. Trains and mentors
new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line
training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD)
annual review process. Minimum Qualifications:
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common
to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Beginner to Intermediate Computer skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and
blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part
numbers, labels and work instructions. Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of six months of experience of prior refrigeration
training and/or experience helpful to learn the job and
- Manufacturing and experience using small hand and power tools
- Quality stamp is preferredAt Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one
of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join
us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to
make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process,
click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Associated topics: chemical, chemistry, fuel, gas, monomer, natural
gas, petrol, petroleum, petroleum and chemical, petroleum
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Asheville , Charge Technician Ultra Low Temp Freezers - 2nd Shift, Professions , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!