Sales & Service Tech II
Company: Frontier Communication
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Title: Sales & Service Tech IILocation: Cashiers, NCNumber of
Openings: 6Union: CWA 3673/43Internal Posting: 1/4/21 to
1/11/21Installs, maintains and/or repairs network facilities, and
associated apparatus from the station equipment to the line card;
performs other related duties.Duties include, but are not limited
to, the following:
- Installs, removes, rearranges, programs, tests, troubleshoots
and maintains voice, data, and ancillary equipment and network
- Installs, maintains and repairs outside and inside plant
equipment/facilities and inside wire.
- Effects repairs and restores service outages. Performs cable
pair recovery activity.
- Interfaces with customer to further analyze installation and
repair issues. Responds to inquiries and provides follow-up.
- Interprets schematic work order drawings to determine job
specifications and installation needs. Orders and/or obtains
required equipment. Effects problem solving where appropriate.
- Utilizes various test equipment to analyze equipment trouble
and takes appropriate maintenance action.
- Operates standard and aerial lift vehicles and manual,
hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, electronic, gasoline, propane and
power actuated tools and equipment.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as
required by the Company.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work in confined areas.
- Ability to lift and carry tool boxes, drop wire, parts
containers and installation loads, test equipment, generators,
manhole/pullbox covers, etc.
- Ability to climb poles/ladders.
- Ability to lift, carry, set-up, climb and take down
- Ability to communicate naturally and pleasantly over the
telephone and/or in person.
- Ability to work under pressure in stressful conditions.
- Requires alertness and attention to detail.
- A valid driver s license. Able to meet the medical and driver
certification requirements as established by the DOT Federal
Highway Safety Act. Not restricted to daylight hours.
- Able to read and interpret architectural, electrical wiring
- Able to operate test equipment such as VOMs, test sets,
- Indoor-outdoor work. Exposed to adverse weather conditions,
dust, noise, dirt, heat, poor lighting, fumes, etc.
- Works in buildings being constructed/renovated, manholes, rough
terrain, traffic, aerial lifts, platforms, etc.
- May be exposed to high voltage electrical power lines,
explosive and/or flammable liquids and gases, oxygen deficiency,
carbon monoxide, lead toxicity and asbestos materials. May work
with molten lead and wax.
- Scheduled work tours may be weekday, weekend and holiday,
including day, evening and night hours. Subject to scheduled and/or
unscheduled overtime and call out.
- May be required to have experience in one or a combination of:
Equipment Technician, Special Services Technician,
Telecommunications Technician, T&P Technician, Cable Splicer,
Systems Technician, Network Maintainer, I&R Technician, Cable
- Must possess the ability to perceive difference in colors.
- Must possess the ability to distinguish audible tones/levels.
- Successful completion of an advanced electronics concepts
course from an accredited or recognized educational
- Desire a degree in electronics technology, to include
successful completion of digital logic, electronic communications,
and microprocessor fundamentals from an accredited or recognized
educational institution.PERSONAL CONTACTS: Intradepartmental -
Frequent Customer - Moderate Vendor - Seldom TRAVEL RELATED:
Moderate - Normally Within HeadquartersTOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
USED:Various voltage and Current Measurement devicesVarious Carrier
and Fiber Multiplexer Transmission Test EquipmentOscillator and
Frequency Detection Test EquipmentOscilloscopePersonal
ComputerLaptop ComputerSmall Hand ToolsProtocol analyzersMay be
required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the
Company.Basic QualificationsTraining in AC/DC, Basic Electronics
and Digital Logic. An electronics technical degree or equivalent
experience is required. Previous experience in a digital SPC office
is desired.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This job requires climbing of
ladders up to 15 feet; lifting up to 25 pounds frequently and 50
pounds infrequently; pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping,
crawling; good color vision; and manual dexterity. Associated
topics: broadband, cable, calibration, circuit, electrician, meter,
relay, transformer, voltage, wire
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Asheville , Sales & Service Tech II, Sales , Cashiers, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!