Catering and Sales Manager
Company: Quality Hospitality
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Hilton Garden Inn 309 College Street Asheville, NC 28801 Position
Summary Develop and foster meeting room and catering business for
the hotel through proactive and reactive sales efforts. This
position is designed to provide the highest level of customer
satisfaction to clients with the goal of generating & maintaining
both repeat and referral business from the client base. In addition
to maintaining existing business, this position will be responsible
for finding new business and saturating existing accounts through
in-house and internet prospecting. This position serves as liaison
between the customer, the hotel & sales team, and the restaurant
- Provide the highest levels of customer service external clients
at all times.
- Gain knowledge of hotels food and beverage products, pricing
and presentation, and learn about the hotels function space, audio
visual, and any other details related to event success.
- Understand and maintain accurate knowledge of our hotels
competitive set by internet searches, secret shopping, site tours
and building of relationships with said properties.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, self-motivation and
proactive planning, and endeavor to be organizationally perceptive
with a keen focus on detail.
- Effectively and efficiently, monitor and manage all aspects of
the pre-event and post-event details. These duties will include,
but not limited to selling of catering menus, tracking detail, and
communicate the particulars of each assigned event and group.
Maintaining meeting space, special concessions, group history and
other reports, cut-off and other key dates, contract clauses, group
resumes, event orders and BEOs, billing details, and other integral
aspects of groups and events.
- Be willing and flexible to attend customer functions as needed
as a key representative of the sales team.
- Respond in a quick, timely, and professional manner to all team
members and clients, and deliver clear and concise communication
that is representative of Quality Oil Companys core values in all
avenues of communication.
- Prepared for and participate in all necessary internal
meetings, conference calls, reporting, planning, training, and
other communications required for this position.
- Join the hotel team in any outreach community events and
networking opportunities outlined by your supervisor.
- Successfully maintain existing assigned accounts/segments, and
work diligently to develop new meeting room business for hotel;
both independently and in conjunction with the sales team
- Work with internal and external partners to accurately forecast
meeting room sales and F & B revenues, as well as understand the
conditions and strategies that will maximize space and rooms and
impact hotel revenues.
- Consistently attain sales activity goals and revenue goals
including -- but not limited to -- proactive and reactive calls,
tours and appointments required for this position, as outlined by
Quality Oil Company, your General Manager, and your direct
- Learn and use digital sales systems and conceptual sales
processes and understand the hotels sales strategies (i.e.
Marketing Plan, rates, budgeted goals, etc.). Implement these tools
and resources in order to accomplish individual and team goals and
efficiently complete job duties.
- Endeavor to work in a unified and collaborative way -- one that
fosters team work -- and embody an entrepreneurial spirit that
enables one to make the best possible decisions for hotel and
achieve the teams overall goals.
- Own your career development and be an advocate for training and
job opportunities that will allow you to continue to hone and
develop your talents, skills, creativity, and personal and
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by Management, and seek
to comply with companys policies and procedures.
- Prior sales and marketing experience is required
- Prior hospitality and/or catering sales experience is strongly
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred
- Prior event/meeting/conference experience is preferred
- Prior experience with hotel computer systems, analytical tools,
and spreadsheet programs is preferred
- Ability to plan, organize, and lead the activities of
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong initiative and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
Keywords: Quality Hospitality, Asheville , Catering and Sales Manager, Sales , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!